Monday, May 6, 2019

Memento

Not what it seems





This memento is about a painful experience of complete betrayal. It's the moment that my ex-husband had told me he cheated on me. We had been married for 9 years at the time. We have a daughter together. I thought we were fine. I was wrong. And of all times and places to tell me, it was in the absolute most intimate moment a couple could have. It took me two years after that to decide to leave. That hard sinking pain got worse every day for two years until I couldn't take it anymore.

It doesn't appear to be too heavy, it appears to be just a simple block of wood. It is much more than that. It seems light, but it's heavy. It's a deep sinking feeling in your hand as you hold it. If you hold the piece in your hand, fabric down, you will feel a sharp pain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment